The Sunshine Coast and South Burnett District Golf Association Inc. (also known as SCSBDGA) was established in 1982. In 2020, SBG Golf became the new name for the Sunshine Coast and South Burnett District Golf Association.
Our primary activity is being the organisational body for grassroots golf in the regions of Sunshine Coast, South Burnett and Glasshouse Mountains.
SBG Golf is responsible for conducting competitions for all age groups and levels of ability. It is also responsible for providing assistance with rules, competition and handicapping issues. The tournament program includes events in the following categories:
- Open (any male player with a current Golf Australia handicap and affiliated with a DGA)
- Closed (a male player from a Club within the SBG Golf District)
- Juniors (male and female players under 18 years of age)
- Mid-Amateur (30 to 54 years male players)
- Masters (50 years and over male and female players)
- Seniors (55 years and over male players)
- Men’s Foursomes (male players)
- Mixed Foursomes (male and female players)
- Inter-Zone Team Challenges (selected representatives from each of the Zones)
- Inter-District Team Challenges (selected male and female representatives)
All costs associated with these tournaments are borne by SBG Golf with approximately $60,000 spent annually towards tournament golf, junior golf programs, and scholarships throughout our region. These programs promote and develop junior golf of all skill levels – which will prove beneficial in the coming years. After all, golf is a game for life.
SBG Golf is serves its Member Clubs through a Management Committee which consists of four elected Office Bearers (President, Secretary/Treasurer, Director of Golf and Director of Junior Golf) and a Delegate appointed by each of the three Golf Zones. A District Delegate is appointed to represent the Association at Golf Queensland meetings.
Queensland has 14 District Golf Associations that represent male golfers. These Districts serve as the conduit between Golf Queensland and approximately 250 affiliated golf clubs within the state. The District Associations are Incorporated in their own right, and conduct their own affairs.
SBG Golf works in an inclusive manner to develop the game of golf and grow participation in all forms at all levels.