SBG Golf supports grassroots golf in our region.
“Golf is a game for life where participation contributes to a healthy Australian community”
SBG Golf’s Strategic Priorities include:
- Leadership and Governance
- Club Health
- Showcase our Game
Leadership & Governance
Maintain high standards of leadership and develop the governance structure
- Maintain high standards of leadership with all member clubs.
- Update and modernise the association’s constitution and by-laws.
- Revise and implement as necessary all association procedures and policies.
- Update all resources with consistent logo and branding.
- Communicate effectively with all clubs and players.
- Support the Golf Zones with pennant and championships.
SBG Golf aids sustainability of clubs by the following means:
- Continue to work closely with key industry bodies in leveraging shared resource opportunities that assist clubs and players.
- Facilitate the sharing of best practice and innovation by clubs.
- Advocate the benefits of golf to the community.
SBG Golf provides events for all levels of golfers to learn and play in the following ways:
- Reinforce the movement and culture of current golfers ‘sharing the game’ with new golfers.
- Continue to develop and strengthen junior golf at all levels from novice to elite.
- Provide opportunities for golfers to travel to events throughout our region.
- Ensure all age levels have events and programs in which to participate.
- Continue to provide events for both men and women.
SBG Golf engages and connects with all golfers and potential golfers in the following ways:
- Establish and maintain a contact database for all industry bodies and stakeholders including clubs and players.
- Develop an effective communication strategy for all target segments.
- Overhaul the existing website and CRM infrastructure.
Showcase our Game
SBG Golf showcases and promotes our game of golf across all levels of the sport as follows:
- Develop elite players to achieve their potential and become role models for the game.
- Provide coaching clinics for novice and developing junior golfers.
- Provide high quality golf tournaments and events in partnership with our Member Clubs.
- Attract golfers from outside our region to play at our Member Club’s facilities.
- Strive to deliver first-class events for every level of golfer.